Veeam GDPR preparedness experiences Webinar walking the talk
Veeam GDPR preparedness experiences Fireside chat Webinar
March 27, 9AM PT
This free (register here) fireside chat webinar sponsored by Veeam looks at Veeam GDPR preparedness experiences based on what Veeam did to be ready for the May 25, 2018 Global Data Protection Regulations taking effect. The format of this webinar will be fireside chat between myself and Danny Allan (@DannyAllan5) of Veeam as we discuss the experiences, lessons learned by Veeam during their journey to prepare for GDPR.
Danny has put together a five-part blog series here covering some of Veeams findings and lessons learned that you can leverage to prepare for GDPR, as well as what we will discuss among other related topics during the fireside chat webinar. Keep in mind that GDPR is commonly mistaken as just an European regulation when in fact it is global. In addition to being global, it is also inclusive of big as well as small organizations, cloud and non cloud entities, as well as spanning industries, along with different parts of an organization from human resources (HR) to accounting and finance to sales, marketing among others.
Join me and Danny Allan as we discuss GDPR along with five key lessons learned during Veeams road to GDPR compliance, as well as how their software solutions played a critical role in managing their own environment. In other words, Veeam is not just talking the talk, they are also walking the talk, eating their own dog food among other clichés.
Register for the event, or catch the replay here.
Where to learn more
Learn more about data protection, GDPR, software defined data center (SDDC), software defined data infrastructures (SDDI), cloud and related topics via the following links:
- GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) Resources Are You Ready?
- GDPR: An overview of Veeam’s 5 lessons learned on our way to compliancy
- World Backup Day 2018 Data Protection Readiness Reminder
- Data Infrastructure Server Storage I/O related Tradecraft Overview
- Data Infrastructure Overview, Its What’s Inside of Data Centers
- 4 3 2 1 and 3 2 1 data protection best practices
- All You Need To Know about Remote Office/Branch Office Data Protection Backup (free webinar with registration)
- Software Defined, Converged Infrastructure (CI), Hyper-Converged Infrastructure (HCI) resources
- The SSD Place (SSD, NVM, PM, SCM, Flash, NVMe, 3D XPoint, MRAM and related topics)
- The NVMe Place (NVMe related topics, trends, tools, technologies, tip resources)
- Data Protection Diaries (Archive, Backup/Restore, BC, BR, DR, HA, RAID/EC/LRC, Replication, Security)
- Software Defined Data Infrastructure Essentials (CRC Press 2017) including SDDC, Cloud, Container and more
- Various Data Infrastructure related events, webinars and other activities
- Server StorageIO.tv (various videos and podcasts, fun and for work)
Additional learning experiences along with common questions (and answers), as well as tips can be found in Software Defined Data Infrastructure Essentials book.
What this all means and wrap-up
Now is the time to be prepared for upcoming GDPR implementation. Join me and Danny Allan to learn what you need to be doing now, as well as compare what you have done or are doing to be prepared for GDPR.
Ok, nuff said, for now.
Greg Schulz – Microsoft MVP Cloud and Data Center Management, VMware vExpert 2010-2017 (vSAN and vCloud). Author of Software Defined Data Infrastructure Essentials (CRC Press), as well as Cloud and Virtual Data Storage Networking (CRC Press), The Green and Virtual Data Center (CRC Press), Resilient Storage Networks (Elsevier) and twitter @storageio. Courteous comments are welcome for consideration. First published on https://storageioblog.com any reproduction in whole, in part, with changes to content, without source attribution under title or without permission is forbidden.
All Comments, (C) and (TM) belong to their owners/posters, Other content (C) Copyright 2006-2018 Server StorageIO and UnlimitedIO. All Rights Reserved. StorageIO is a registered Trade Mark (TM) of Server StorageIO.