Thank you Gartner for your statements concurring and endorsing the notion of clouds can be viable, however do your homework, welcome to the club.
Why am I thanking Gartner?
Simple, I appreciate Gartner now saying what has been said for a couple of years hoping it will help to amplify the theme to the Gartner followers and faithful.
Sounds like Gartner has come to the same conclusion on what has been said for several years now in posts, articles, keynotes, presentations, webinars and other venues which is when it comes to IT clouds, don’t be scared. However do your homework, be prepared, do your due diligence, proof of concepts.
Here are some related materials to prepare and plan for IT clouds (public and private):
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) and the Netflix Fix?
- Analyst Love and Loathing in the Storage Industry
- AWS (Amazon) storage gateway, first, second and third impressions
- Cloud and Virtual Data Storage Networking book added to Intel Recommended Reading
- Cloud conversations: confidence, certainty and confidentiality
- Cloud conversations: Gaining cloud confidence from insights into AWS outages
- Cloud storage: Don’t be scared, however look before you leap
- Cloud, Virtual and Storage Networking Conversations
- Clouds are like Electricity: Don’t be Scared
- Does Dell have a cloudy cloud strategy story?
- Everything Is Not Equal in the Data center
- Only you can prevent cloud data loss (Cloud shared responsibility)
- The IT blame game: Does cloud storage result in data loss?
- Cloud and Virtual Data Storage Networking Industry Trends (StorageExpo)
- Cloud and Virtual Data Storage Networking Trends (Alemere Netherlands)
- SNW pod cast on Cloud Computing
- Various other downloads and material
- Poll: What Do You Think of IT Clouds?
What is your take on IT clouds? Click here to cast your vote and see what others are thinking about clouds.
Now for those who feel that free information or content is not worth its price, then feel free to go to Amazon and buy some Book copies here, or subscribing to the Kindle version of the StorageIOblog, or contact us for an advisory consultation or other project. For everybody else, enjoy and remember, don’t be scared of clouds, do your homework, be prepared and keep in mind that clouds are a shared responsibility.
Disclosure: I was a Gartner client when I working in an IT organization and then later as a vendor, however not anymore ;).
Ok, nuff said.
All Comments, (C) and (TM) belong to their owners/posters, Other content (C) Copyright 2006-2013 StorageIO All Rights Reserved