Greg Schulz of StorageIO in conjunction with or dutch partner Brouwer Storage Consultancy will be presenting a two day workshop seminar for IT storage, virtualization, and networking professionals Monday 3rd and Tuesday 4th of October 2011 at Ampt van Nijkerk Netherlands.
This two day interactive education seminar for storage professionals will focus on current data and storage networking trends, technology and business challenges along with available technologies and solutions. During the seminar learn what technologies and management techniques are available, how different vendors solutions compare and what to use when and where. This seminar digs into the various IT tools, techniques, technologies and best practices for enabling an efficient, effective, flexible, scalable and resilient data infrastructure.
The format of this two seminar will be a mix of presentation and interactive discussion allowing attendees plenty of time to discuss among themselves and with seminar presenters. Attendees will gain insight into how to compare and contrast various technologies and solutions in addition to identifying and aligning those solutions to their specific issues, challenges and requirements.
Major themes that will be discussed include:
- Who is doing what with various storage solutions and tools
- Is RAID still relevant for today and tomorrow
- Are hard disk drives and tape finally dead at the hands of SSD and clouds
- What am I routinely hearing, seeing or being asked to comment on
- Enabling storage optimization, efficiency and effectiveness (performance and capacity)
- Opportunities for leveraging various technologies, techniques,trends
- Supporting virtual servers including re-architecting data protection
- How to modernize data protection (backup/restore, BC, DR, replication, snapshots)
- Data footprint reduction (DFR) including archive, compression and dedupe
- Clarifying cloud confusion, don’t be scared, however look before you leap
- Big data, big bandwidth and virtual desktop infrastructures (VDI)
In addition this two day seminar will look at what are some new and improved technologies and techniques, who is doing what along with discussions around industry and vendor activity including mergers and acquisitions. In addition to seminar handout materials, attendees will also receive a copy Cloud and Virtual Data Storage Networking (CRC Press) by Greg Schulz that looks at enabling efficient, optimized and effective information services delivery across cloud, virtual and traditional environments.
Buzzwords and topic themes to be discussed among others include E2E, FCoE and DCB, CNAs, SAS, I/O virtualization, server and storage virtualization, public and private cloud, Dynamic Infrastructures, VDI, RAID and advanced data protection options, SSD, flash, SAN, DAS and NAS, object storage, big data and big bandwidth, backup, BC, DR, application optimized or aware storage, open storage, scale out storage solutions, federated management, metrics and measurements, performance and capacity, data movement and migration, storage tiering, data protection modernization, SRA and SRM, data footprint reduction (archive, compress, dedupe), unified and multi-protocol storage, solution bundle and stacks.
For more information or to register contact Brouwer Storage Consultancy
Brouwer Storage Consultancy
3861 MH Nijkerk
Learn about other events involving Greg Schulz and StorageIO at www.storageio.com/events
Ok, nuff said for now
All Comments, (C) and (TM) belong to their owners/posters, Other content (C) Copyright 2006-2011 StorageIO and UnlimitedIO All Rights Reserved