Following up on previous posts pertaining to US EPA Energy Star for Servers, Data Center Storage and Data Centers, here is a note received today with some new information. For those interested in the evolving Energy Star for Data Center, Servers and Storage, have a look at the following as well as the associated links.
Here is the note from EPA:
From: ENERGY STAR Storage [firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Monday, December 28, 2009 8:00 AM
Subject: ENERGY STAR Data Center Storage Initial Data Collection Procedure
Dear ENERGY STAR Data Center Storage Stakeholder or Other Interested Party:
The U.S. Environmental Production Agency (EPA) would like to invite interested parties to test the energy performance of storage products that are currently being considered for inclusion in the Version 1.0 ENERGY STAR® Data Center Storage specification. Please review the attached cover letter, data collection procedure, and test data collection sheet for further information.
Stakeholders are encouraged to submit test data via e-mail to email@example.com no later than Friday, February 12, 2009.
Thank you for your continued support of ENERGY STAR!
For more information, visit: www.energystar.gov
For those interested in EPA Energy Star, Green IT including Green and energy efficient storage, check out these following links:
- Justifying Green IT and Home Hardware Upgrades with Energy Star
- Saving Money with Green IT: Time To Invest In Information Factories
- EPA Energy Star for Data Center Storage Update
- Green Storage is Alive and Well: ENERGY STAR Enterprise Storage Stakeholder Meeting Details
- Shifting from energy avoidance to energy efficiency
- U.S. EPA Energy Star for Server Update
- U.S. EPA Looking for Industry Input on Energy Star for Storage
- Update: Energy Star for Server Workshop
- US EPA Energy Star for Servers Wants To Hear From YOU!
- EPA Draft 3 of Energy Star for Computer Server Specification
Watch for more news and updates pertaining to EPA Energy Star for Servers, Data Center Storage and Data centers in 2010.
Ok, nuff said.
All Comments, (C) and (TM) belong to their owners/posters, Other content (C) Copyright 2006-2014 StorageIO All Rights Reserved